Personalized Guidance Through Estate Planning, Administration And Probate
It’s best to plan ahead, but many don’t. That foresight should be applied to many aspects of your life, including estate planning. Whether you have a modest or sizable estate, or own a business, estate planning can prevent future complications. A solid estate plan, which may include wills, trusts and powers of attorney, also provides your family members with peace of mind.
Kelso Law, LLC, in Carlisle, Pennsylvania, is an experienced law firm that understands the intricacies of estate planning. Our attorneys are attentive, detail-focused and empathetic. We will provide the insight you need and explain the best options for you. You want to ensure that your last wishes are carried out.
How Can We Help?
Our attorneys can provide crucial estate planning insight into matters that include:
- Wills: Creating, revising and updating a will in order to ensure that your beneficiaries and heirs are bestowed the assets that you want them to have. You decide where the assets go. If you do not have a will, the state will decide.
- Trusts: We can develop trusts, which allow you to manage your estate’s assets while still alive. A trust can also provide crucial guidance to business owners. A trust can help with business succession planning if the owner becomes physically or mentally incapacitated. Remember: A detailed estate plan can protect your company’s long-term success.
- Powers of attorney: We can help you determine a durable power of attorney who will oversee health, legal and financial matters if you are no longer able to do so. Our team also can name a health care power of attorney.
- Guardianships and conservatorships: If you are a parent, it’s important to name a legal guardian for your child in case you are no longer able to care for them. Conservatorships determine who is responsible to care for an incapacitated adult if something happens to you.
- Estate administration: Our attorneys can help you verify the will, sell estate property, distribute assets, pay outstanding bills and taxes, and settle disputes among family members.
Reevaluate your existing estate plan every three-to-five years. Your life may have changed during that time through marriage, divorce, birth of a child, an increase in assets, death of a loved one or creation of a new business. When your life changes, it’s time to update your plan.
Navigating The Complexities Of Probate And Estate Administration
After the loss of a loved one, family members are often left with the task of administering the deceased’s estate. Probate and estate administration can be time consuming and confusing as you value assets, pay off debts and distribute remaining assets to the designated parties. We can take care of the details so you do not have to. Our team understands the stress that you are under, and will make sure that this task does not add to that. The necessary steps will vary based on the size and structure of the estate. We can discuss your specific situation during a consultation.
Contact Our Trustworthy Team
We have the answers to all of your estate planning questions, whether you’re an individual or business owner. Kelso Law, LLC is an experienced, compassionate and assertive law firm that will explain wills, trusts, probate and what you should consider. We are ready to help. Please contact our law firm online or call us now at 717-422-9430.